View Single Post
Old 24th December 2018, 04:43 AM   #700
Archie Gemmill Goal
Banned

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
Sure. Guns and the second amendment are held in high esteem in the United States. I consider it to be a trueism, in fact.
Great. We can agree on that. Because it seems to be in dispute by one poster here. My point was that if you are going to dispute that as a fact then you can't move on to whether it is the reason for police behaviour or not. And I made no argument yet for whether it is or isn't.

Quote:
It really has nothing to do with the horrible behavior of police and the levels of abuse they regularly heap upon a mostly-innocent populace, however, which is my only point.
Well I didn't yet say it did because we were still in step 1.

Quote:
It's no use to bring up for discussion the true reasons for the levels of violence in the US because people, especially foreigners, just love to disparage the gun and their owners somethin' fierce! .
Well what are the true reasons in your opinion? What is it that is unique about the US amongst rich western democracies that means you have to go around shooting each other?
Archie Gemmill Goal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top