View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 02:55 PM   #156
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dann View Post
I couldn't agree more. I've never been fat, but I always stress that willpower has nothing to do with it. I have no need to fat shame or to think of myself as a better person because I'm not fat, so if I ever get fat for some reason, I also won't have to feel ashamed or be in denial about it. The fat shamers who get fat remind me of the people who blame others for being unemployed and then end up on the dole themselves.

Or the white supremacists who get DNA tested and discover that their great-grandmother was black ...
The 1929 Great Depression was a big part of what killed off American and British (including here in my home town of Vancouver, Canadian) eugenics movements. All those men and women who assumed they were employed and wealthy because they had better 'character' than the unemployed and poor, found themselves in bread lines and had time to do a little thinking.

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Interesting Reddit story!
I try not to pin a scientific claim on anecdote, but there's value in extracting an example for illustration purposes. This contributor had an injury, but most of the fat shamers I know who gained weight simply aged into it over time. Hormones are a bitch.

Last edited by blutoski; 23rd October 2019 at 02:56 PM.
blutoski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top