Thread: [Continuation] Brexit: Now What? 9 Below Zero
View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020, 07:26 AM   #2970
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
Meanwhile.....

A Brexiteer who was forced to wait in an immigration queue at an EU airport in Amsterdam has complained that "this isn’t the Brexit I voted for”.

Colin Browning, who described himself as one of the 17.4 million people who voted for Brexit, said he was forced to wait for nearly an hour at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol before his passport was checked.

“Absolutely disgusting service at Schiphol airport. 55 minutes we have been stood in the immigration queue. This isn’t the Brexit I voted for,” he wrote on Twitter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9335281.html
Even as an arch Rejoiner, this story doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

As has been pointed out, he is entitled to use the EU citizens immigration line at least until the end of the transition period. IMO this story is either made up entirely, or Colin Browning isn't a Brexiteer and carried out this stunt to point out how bad things may be.

The only thing missing is a closing "and the the whole airport stood up and cheered"
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top