View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 09:08 PM   #523
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

When was the luminol applied

Originally Posted by JTF View Post
My reference to the Luminol test is in regards to the photographs taken after the chemical was sprayed on the garage floor. If memory serves, 1 of those photographs was included in MAM. It's important to note that Dassey told his mother that he helped his uncle clean the garage and that bleach stains were clearly evident in photographs taken of Dassey's jeans.
What was the date that the luminol was applied?*

As I have noted elsewhere, Dassey's jeans should be examined under a microscope. This can differentiate between bleach stains and discoloration due to abrasion. There is a good pair of photographs that illustrate this point in a book coauthored by Jane Taupin.
EDT
*I believe that it was on 6 November. If so, then it is quite unlikely that bleach was responsible for the luminol reaction. Bleach loses its ability to react with luminol in about eight hours (PMID: 15966054; DOI: 10.1002/bio.865).

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 12th November 2020 at 09:23 PM.
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top