View Single Post
Old 27th November 2020, 01:16 PM   #76
Venom
Illuminator

This is why CNN is awful.

Jake Tapper in particular always feels the need to take this conciliatory approach with right wing talking points.

Quote:
TAPPER: Yes.

Let me ask you about one of those attacks, because Senator Loeffler keeps mentioning on the campaign an incident from 1995 when you were a youth pastor at a New York church which hosted a speech by Fidel Castro.

Now, you have said you had nothing to do with that invitation. But just to clarify for our viewers, did you attend the speech? And do you understand why there are so many people who view Castro as a murderous tyrant and not someone to be celebrated?

WARNOCK: I will tell you what I understand.

I understand why Kelly Loeffler is trying to change the subject. I was a youth pastor. I had nothing to do with that program. I did not make any decisions regarding the program. I have never met the Cuban dictator. And so I'm not connected to him.

I will tell you whose names are on the ballot, Raphael Warnock and Kelly Loeffler. This race is not about anybody else. And so, while she tries to tie me to these personalities that I don't know, and seeks the endorsement of a fifth century warmonger named Attila the Hun, I will be focused on health care in Georgia.

TAPPER: But do you understand why so many people view any celebration of Fidel Castro as celebrating something ugly and tyrannical?

You mentioned it. Yes, I think you just called him a tyrant. He's -- he was a murderous thug. And I think -- I get that this is a distraction, but do you understand why people would be appalled by anyone celebrating Fidel Castro?
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top