View Single Post
Old 11th December 2020, 08:08 PM   #11
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Like I said, I feel that's such a narrow target window of opportunity moving through time that it is practically impossible to implement at scale.
Perhaps you are imagining something else. Where do you get "narrow target window" from?

I think you may be conflating what I said about antiviral treatments for herpes and flu. That short window for treatment is based on those infections' incubation periods and time to onset of symptoms. I didn't mean the 24-48 hours was going to be exactly the same for COVID. I just meant the intervention has a window period early on in the infection.

Person is exposed and then contracts COVID. They see a medical provider who recognizes they have risk of severe disease but they are not yet ill or they are only mildly ill.

The provider enrolls them in the study explaining they might get the drug or a placebo. The drug is not otherwise widely available.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top