View Single Post
Old 12th January 2021, 10:03 AM   #404
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Quote:
The Secret Service in protecting a former President (or anyone else) acts "Under the direction of the Secretary of Homeland Security" (18 USC 3056(a)). If there is any question, they do what the Secretary of Homeland Security says. And, if it was even questioned, the Secretary will order the Secret Service to allow a lawful arrest.
And who decides when their isn't one of those. There isn't one "now", right? "now" in quotes because I don't know the details of when his resignation is effective.
I think there's always one. Even if the current secretary resigns, some underling becomes "acting" (or at least ends up with their current authority.)

Of course, it is pretty irrelevant... even if things are fast-tracked, Trump wouldn't be charged until after he is out of office, giving more than enough time for Biden to get a new Sec. of Homeland Security approved.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top