View Single Post
Old 12th January 2021, 06:28 PM   #1530
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
He repeats that again.
Quote:
Quote:
But when you see this and when you see what’s happening, number one, they all say, ‘Sir, we’ll never let it happen again.’ I said, ‘That’s good, but what about eight weeks ago?’ They try and get you to go. They say, ‘Sir, in four years, you’re guaranteed.’ I said, ‘I’m not interested right now....

... They all said, ‘Sir, cut him loose. He’s killing us.’ The senators, very loyal senators. They’re very loyal people. ‘Sir, cut him loose. He’s killing us, sir. Cut him loose, sir.’ I must’ve gotten half of the senators. I said, ‘No, I can’t do that. It’s unfair to him. And it’s unfair to the family. He didn’t do anything wrong. They’re made up stories.’ They were all made up stories. He didn’t do anything wrong. ‘Cut him loose, sir.’ I said, ‘No, I won’t do that.’ ...

But they had me down the day before Washington Post, ABC poll, down 17 points. I called up a real pollster. I said, ‘What is that?’ ‘Sir, that’s called a suppression poll. I think you’re going to win Wisconsin, Sir.’ I said, ‘But why do they make it four or five points?’ ‘Because then people vote.’ But when you’re down 17, they say, ‘Hey, I’m not going to waste my time....
This is classical Trump, he repeats the fantasy that he has and he tells people that other people have said these things to him. Some people do this as a coping mechanism but they don't say it to other people. If you have ever thought or said to yourself the things you wished you had said, that is what is going on here.
Quote:
Quote:
...Two months ago, we had a massive crowd come down to Washington. I said, ‘What are they there for.’ ‘Sir, they’re there for you.’ We have nothing to do with it...

Also people lie and say they responded to something, I told them this or that. Lying about such things is normal though I don't know how frequent this kind of lying is. But Trump's lies cross the line when he fabricates people saying things to him they didn't say. It's like calling up gossip magazines claiming he was John Barron, Trump's agent, and describing Trump in fantastical ways.
The 'tell' is all the "Sirs". He always starts fake quotes with "Sir".
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top