Thread: [Split Thread] A second impeachment
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2021, 09:35 AM   #751
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Good God, I really ******* hate Republicans.
I hate 90% of them. And I someone who has voted Republican, and am probably a moderate conservative on many iseues.

This is a sentiment I can get behind. (See my sig.)

But the circumstances are different now. At this juncture, having watched what Repugnicans have been willing to do and say over the past several years, and especially the past several months, what they have been willing to tolerate, much less condone, I have to take the default position that anyone who is willing to voluntarily assume membership in that group, to accept that label, is a vile, sexist, racist bigot. A sociopath with no sense of guilt, no ability to empathize, no redeemable human qualities whatsoever. Completely untrustworthy, duplicitous, reprehensible.

I' not sure what one of them could do to regain any foothold on respect, or even forgiveness, but it would have to be pretty impressive.

As far as I'm concerned the Republican brand has become little different from a swastika. If someone is willing to wear it then they get all the baggage it comes with.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top