View Single Post
Old 14th January 2021, 10:00 PM   #185
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
Let's see...retired USAF Lt Col Larry Brock, former West Virginia State Legislator Derrick Evans (resigned after the riot), and two off-duty police officers from Virginia, Jacob Fracker and Thomas Robertson. This is just what we can confirm now from the arrests that have been made. It is likely there will be many more active duty military and law enforcement that are known to be involved once the investigation is finished.

I do agree though that this seemed poorly planned and even more poorly executed. They thought Trump would be there and send in his personal guard, or something.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/u...l-arrests.html
I have since found another as well, now ex-officer Fam of Houston, however, even with a handful of these people in their ranks, an all-out insurgency would not last that long. The US is far from the failed state of Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, or Ethiopia. It's not even close to Ukraine, the Balkans, or Kosovo.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top