View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:01 AM   #362
luchog
Neo-Post-Retro-Revivalist

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Japanese motoring restrictions would blow your mind.

The Japanese generally accept far more restrictions on rights than most westerners do, to the point where they don't really have the same concept of individual rights that are enjoyed in most Eurosphere cultures.

Further, driving in Japan is more of a luxury than a necessity for the vast majority of people, as they have a much more effective and accessible public transportation system than the US, or even much of Europe. I have no doubt that most people here would be far more willing to accept greater restrictions on driving if they had better public transportation options available. I know I would.
When you say that fascists should only be defeated through debate, what you're really saying is that the marginalized and vulnerable should have to endlessly argue for their right to exist; and at no point should they ever be fully accepted, and the debate considered won.
luchog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top