View Single Post
Old 7th November 2020, 05:13 AM   #73
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
First of all, he is being investigated and, if there are grounds, prosecuted for crimes right now. My position is to continue to do that and have Biden focus on being the president. What I don’t want Biden to do is to rehash the impeachment. That’s a path to a dysfunctional government where Trump is the center of the universe for another 4 years and Biden is fighting ghosts of a presidency he defeated at the polls. That’s what I don’t want.
Yep. There is nothing to be gained by retrying an impeachment that has already failed. Even if it were to succeed, the only penalty would be removal from office which would only matter if Trump got re-elected (and he only has two chances at that - buckleys and none).

Whether there are grounds to indict Trump would be up to the appropriate authorities and not politicians.