View Single Post
Old 12th December 2012, 11:50 AM   #139
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps I am old enough to hold a more cynical view of the situation in the Middle East. Having been deployed there during my 20 years in the military has allowed me to see first hand some of the bloody horrible, murderous and disgusting things that these Islamic fanatics do to each other and to others, things that your average American sitting at home in the comfort of his lounge watching CNN's "sanitised" version of what goes on there, has absolutely no idea about.

Encountering an enemy who wants to kill you, and your family and everyone like you because, despite the fact that you both believe in the same God, you don't worship Him in precisely the same way that he does, is a very unpleasant experience. Being shot at is not funny.

In the Jewish v Muslim conflict, I unashamedly take the side of the Jews. They have been the victims of oppression and genocide at the hands of others for over 2000 years. I never used to take this view before I deployed there, but I do now. Anyone who really wants to be educated about this ought to read the following books...

Jesus and Israel by Jules Isaac
Jesus: The Cold Case by Bryan Bruce (there is also a TV documentary made by NZ's TV One)

(NOTE: These are NOT religious books)

The Jews just want to be left in peace to live in an area of their homeland. Is it really that much to ask?

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top