View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2005, 10:23 AM   #78
BillHoyt

Originally Posted by love View Post
Although I may be coming from a very different viewpoint to you, and certainly had very different experiences, I am interested in what you think and feel. Maybe my interest is that I used to be a very angry person myself. And maybe also because I still feel some anger towards doctors.
Fortunately, love, we have better ways than "viewpoints" and "anger" and to determine the truth of these matters. There is no "viewpoint" involved with regard to scientific truth.
Quote:
Well, I would use all my healing tools, and attempt to determine the underlying cause of the disease. I would likely only use Revlimid as a last resort. I would bascially just do, whatever I felt to.
"Healing tools" is a nonsense phrase used by those who wish to include unproven or even disproven ideas as substitutes for medicine. Doing what you feel like doing is a recipe for disaster.
Quote:
I do use homeopathy.
Then, love, you're a fool.
Quote:
ime I had dental pain, for example, I treated myself using a homeopathic remedy. I guess I am just one of those 20%. Perhaps I am extra suggestible.
If you are "one of those 20%," love, then you didn't "treat" yourself. You deluded yourself. The "treatment" did nothing. This is the definition of "placebo." Nothing happened as a result of the placebo. It either happened anyway, or the patient deluded herself.
Quote:
I think that's an exaggeration, and you know it.
Uh, no, you clearly don't understand what a placebo is.
[quote]No, I'm just kind of curious, because my experience is so different to yours.[/.quote]
Its a great thing that science isn't based on people's experience, because, you see, nobody else can corroborate or refute your self-reports. We can simply say the placebo didn't help you one wit. We can further more say, with confidence, that the various snake oils you applied were also a total waste of both your time and effort. Period, love.

Quote:
The Body Mirror System of Healing, for example. It helped cure a family member of scoliosis. There are many others. I could offer you a remote healing. As I am so far away, I am fairly sure you won't punch me in the face.
Remote healing? And you haven't applied for the million dollars? What kind of foolishness is this?
Quote:
The condition, yes. But I am not sure you are open to being cured that way. You seem to have more faith in the miracles of modern medicine.
Fallacy of equivocation here, love.
Quote:
In the end, I believe people heal when they take responsibility for their own health.
Please cite your evidence. I have, btw, similar questions on other threads that you seem to have ignored. Please respond to this one.
BillHoyt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top