View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 10:07 AM   #15
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I guess a lot of people are filtering this news through the assumption that they understand the automobile manufacturing industry in general - - and Ford's lines of business in particular - - to pass judgement on Ford's decision. I tend to assume that the people running Ford know their business somewhat better than anyone commenting on it here. Bluntly speaking: Anyone saying that Ford has made a mistake is probably talking out their ass. That Ford has reached a contrary conclusion is in my opinion a more than sufficient rebuttal.
Around 2008, the "big three" automakers received billions in loans from the U.S. government. GM and Chrysler were looking at bankruptcy. While ford was in better shape, it still needed assistance to make changes to certain technologies.

If car manufacturers are requiring government loans to stay in business, I think its fair to say the executives may not understand the business that well themselves.

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top