View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 09:28 AM   #27
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
I think if they are going to survive long-term, they need to revamp their car segments. I’d bet that is exactly what they are going to do in the long-term: start coming out with competitive sedans and small cars to replace the current crop. But first, they are going to streamline and do what they do best: Trucks and SUVs
Are you suggesting that their withdrawl from the North American car market is only temporary and that they'll eventually return with new car lines?

Apart from the fact that Ford has never given any indication that that's what they plan to do, I can see several major problems with that:

- Economic downturns/oil price spikes can happen suddenly. If their plan was to come out with new cars later, they may run into problems if the downturn happens before their planned re-entry into the market

- new car lines often have new problems. By re-introducing all new vehicle lines they are guaranteeing quality will suffer for at least a year or 2 until they get any bugs worked out.

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top