View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 09:32 AM   #28
xjx388

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Odd. The Ford Fiesta has been the fun, sporty, small car at the top of all the motoring journalists lists for the last few years as far as I'm aware. (It's an awesome car, I own one )
I know it's gotten some good reviews. Like I said, it's subjective. Obviously, Ford is not happy with the sales being generated by their car segment which would indicate that something about the cars isn't clicking with consumers. My opinion, given that I buy a car just about every year or so whether for my kids or my wife and I, is that the reason for this "lack of click" is that Ford's cars don't compare favorably to other competing cars. They aren't horrible, but they are boring in comparison and often not a good value for the money.

Just my opinion on what might be factoring into Ford's decision here. Personally, I think they would be better served by revamping their car segment and work on bringing pricing down a bit across the board. I just bought myself a pickup and I chose the Chevy Colorado because on features, looks and price, I felt it was a great deal compared to the much pricier F-150. Until they get more competitive, they won't get my business.