View Single Post
Old 6th April 2016, 11:23 AM   #38
Jules Galen
Banned

Originally Posted by Bram Kaandorp View Post
For a moment I thought I might be able to listen to the show.

After the NECSS hubbub I thought "Sure, I disagree with the decision, but the show still stands on its own merits.

But then in the beginning of episode 552, when discussing Jay's return to the show (after having been to Sweden), Jay asked if anything big had happened while he was gone, and everyone seemed to feign ignorance, as if they didn't know, yet did know.

It felt so disingenuous that it almost made my skin crawl.

After that moment, I unsubscribed.

It's one thing to not talk about it at all. They had addressed it a few episodes previously, and even though I disagreed, at least they were fair enough to mention it. The episode after that was back to normal, so I thought things would just be as they were.

But this feigned ignorance, this "Oh, did something happen?" mentality didn't sit well with me.

Please tell me why I'm being childish. I dare you

Don't worry. Compared to Dawkins, these people are "Nobodies". Dawkins will be fondly remembered long after these people are forgotten.
Jules Galen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top