Thread: [Continuation] Signs of the End Times - Part Two
View Single Post
Old 4th November 2016, 01:09 AM   #249
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Paul Bethke View Post
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove rule breach in quote
If you had provided me with the indisputable proof of the existence of your god that you have promised me, I wouldn't need to guess, and neither would anyone else.
There are, as I see it, two possible reasons why you have not yet done this. Firstly, you don't actually have any indisputable proof. If this is the case, then you've just proved the NT to be wrong, as the two quotes you supplied to me clearly show that proof should be easy to find.
Secondly, you do have proof, but you don't want to post it. This makes all your professed love for your neighbours and devotion to the words of your god (who told you to evangelise) so much hollow vanity. You don't want to save my soul, nor the soul of anyone else. Instead, you get off on your self-proclaimed position as the voice of your god, and the only true Christian in the world, a position that enables you to talk down to people as you did in the post I have quoted above.

Which of these choices most accurately summarises your position, Paul Bethke?

ETA: A third option has just occurred to me. When you offered to provide indisputable proof, you were actually lying, and had no intention of providing it, whether you had it or not.
It doesn't really help your unenviable position, but it does give you a third option besides a rock and a hard place. Never let it be said that I am not a generous debater.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer

Last edited by Agatha; 4th November 2016 at 01:47 PM.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top