View Single Post
Old 24th August 2019, 05:10 PM   #45
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
No, on the contrary, I was correcting something you wrote that other people picked up. Something misleading, because you assigned a unit to where I understood no unit should have been assigned. Apparently you are right and the "heat index" unit is Deg F, like in "feeled temperature", although it is a combination of actual temperature and humidity (the two dimensions in your chart). I assumed that the result would be just an index without unit, but wikipedia tells me that the result is Deg F as well. Which is kind of stupid, and misleading as we see by other people picking it up as if London had experienced 115′F actual temperature (which would have been some horrible event).
Since lolmiller’s post stated heat index and not temperature I can’t see what your complaint is.
Originally Posted by lomiller View Post
Heat index in London reached as high as 115 Deg F, which isn’t all that common even in the US south. A big difference is that no one in the UK has AC.
His post and statement was factually correct.

That other posters did not understand what lolmiller stated is not lolmiller’s fault or responsibility.
Those of us who know what Heat Index is and how it is used we’re not confused by lolmiller’s post at all. I did have to convert to real units, Celsius, to fully appreciate lolmiller’s post, but not to understand it.

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top