View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 04:52 PM   #367
Distracted1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
The standard for justifying self-defense is what a reasonable person would interpret as being an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury. Unless she is hiding those four magic words, 'and he attacked me', the wrong apartment thing doesn't matter. Her fears, prejudices, tendency to 'freak out', simply don't matter.
Conceded in advance that the information (or lack thereof) makes 99% of this discussion pure hypothesizing. I consider myself a reasonable person. If I entered my home while armed (I don't carry a gun) and a stranger came out of one of the rooms towards me in close quarters- perhaps trying to scare me away- I would not spend a great deal of time trying to grasp the nuance. I would shoot. I would find that reaction reasonable were someone else to do it.

Again, I emphasize that I do not have access to any information that is not public.