View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 05:17 PM   #382
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
If you were walking in the door of what you thought was your home and a strange man gets up and maybe runs at you, and you have a gun, you think it's unreasonable to shoot the person? Really?
Yes. It is unreasonable.

1. Again you can't act like IT WASN'T HER HOUSE is some minor nitpicking side detail that doesn't change the situation. As if "knowing what house you are in" is some incredibly impossible standard of situational awareness we're putting on this woman.

2. She had the gun, he didn't. She had the balance of power in this scenario. What was she scared of? Unless simple "maleness" is so evil to you that changes it back.

3. "Fear" is not the license to murder for other people that it (ostensibly) is for you.

When I was boots on ground in Afghanistan if I had killed somebody every time I feared for my life I would have depopulated half that country.