View Single Post
Old 18th September 2019, 12:11 AM   #192
Sceptic-PK
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
However most of the medical research so far can be summarized here:
Quote:
" 3: Electronic Cigarettes Are Just as Addictive as Traditional Ones...."

What’s worse, says Blaha, many e-cigarette users get even more nicotine than they would from a tobacco product — you can buy extra-strength cartridges, which have a higher concentration of nicotine, or you can increase the e-cigarette’s voltage to get a greater hit of the substance.
I accept that just about anything can be addictive but this statement is a gross generalisation given there are just so many different combinations possible.

Quote:
Because e-cigarettes create a vapor rather than produce a tobacco smoke, they generally deliver less nicotine to users than cigarettes do...
https://www.livescience.com/54754-wh...your-body.html

It was blatantly obvious to me that 8mg cigarettes delivered more nicotine than 12mg vape juice. I used to have to get that fix at least every 45 minutes but now if I don't vape for 8 hours (like when travelling by plane) I don't even notice. Friends of mine who vape say the same- the cravings just aren't like they used to be. I accept I'm still an addict, but that's primarily because I love it rather than being due to the physical discomfort of withdrawal like it used to be.
Sceptic-PK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top