View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2019, 05:34 PM   #233
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
There is sooo much variability in human genotype phenotype (every gene SNP has 4 possibilities) that EVERYBODY has different nutritional needs. Search "precision medicine". I guess I'd have to look and see which enzyme it is that makes carnosine, which gene encodes for that enzyme, which SNPs can be pathogenic for that gene.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23124893 Several genes involved, though enough beta-alinine will suffice if you have good genes. Now, what are beta-alinine veggie sources?

eta: looks like nuts and seeds. But I didn't look for how common the variants are for those genes. Some variants hit 25-40%. My diabetes IRS1 (insulin receptor substrate #1) 'bad'gene is in 40 %. My Benedryl "zonks me" gene is in 15%, and affects foods too. . Kind of blows the RDA charts out of the water. It's called Nutrigenomics, or Precision Medicine. [/eta]

eta II, I can feel the difference when I've been eating meat, probably subconscious knowledge. So, no, not everybody has the proper Vegan Gene. And I think some of the supplement doses are decided by calories out, not calories in. Waeight stable at 1800 calories, no supplement needed. Losing weight at 5-10 lbs/week because you are burning 8,000/day on 2,500 calories, supplements needed. Like the weight lifetrs/body builders.

Last edited by casebro; 22nd September 2019 at 05:51 PM.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top