View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 05:15 AM   #627
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Scopedog View Post
[Note: I don't own bitcoin (or fraction thereof), have never owned bitcoin (or fraction thereof), and will probably never own bitcoin (or fraction thereof)]

Have you read the paper where Satoshi Nakamoto presented the theory of the blockchain and introduced bitcoin? The author seemed quite sincere and earnest in their intent to solve the 'double-spending problem' via blockchain and for people to actually use bitcoin as currency to buy pizza or whatever. I can't imagine how he could have predicted that speculation on bitcoin would lead to the bitcoin purchase price of a pizza in the past being equivalent to millions of dollars later.
I'm not saying he predicted it would make him 44th most rich person on the planet. I'm saying that this might have been just idea how to make SOME money. Even when BTC was one dollar, the project paid for itself nicely.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top