View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2008, 01:07 PM   #1
NoZed Avenger
Penultimate Amazing

Subpoena Being Used As Intimidation Tool vs Vaccine Blogge

This could legitimately fit into several different sections, but I found this to be somewhat alarming:

http://www.overlawyered.com/2008/04/...nas-kathl.html

Quote:
Vaccine lawyer subpoenas Kathleen Seidel

By Walter Olsonon April 3, 2008

I've often linked in the past to the work of New Hampshire blogger Kathleen Seidel, whose weblog Neurodiversity presents a fearless, systematically researched, and frequently brilliant ongoing critique of autism vaccine litigation. A prominent plaintiff's lawyer in that litigation, Clifford Shoemaker of Vienna, Virginia, has just hit Seidel with an astoundingly broad and sweeping subpoena (PDF) demanding a wide range of documents and records relating to her publication of the blog. Seidel has been sharply critical of Shoemaker's litigation, and indeed the subpoena arrived only hours after she posted a new Mar. 24 entry, "The Commerce in Causation", critical of his legal efforts.
She has responded. I certainly hope that this is not only quashed, but leads to sanctions. She is not part of the attorney's suit, but he has sought personal bank records, etc. As an attorney, I find this a disgusting abuse of the legal system.
NoZed Avenger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top