View Single Post
Old 10th October 2019, 07:20 AM   #182
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I'm not suggesting that anyone tolerate or accept bigotry and discrimination anywhere, ever.

I'm saying it is preferable to execution, which at least a poster or two here find to be equivalent.

It's not an either/or. It's a staying alive thing.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
By saying it it sounds like you're suggesting we should shut up and just be glad we're not being murdered, though. Do you really not see that's how you're coming across? It's like you just told a rape victim "at least he didn't kill you" or a cancer patient "at least it's not AIDS".

In the context of civil rights "at least it's not murder any more" isn't a simple declaration of an obvious truth, it's an argument pushing to silence the oppressed.