View Single Post
Old 8th April 2009, 11:42 AM   #931
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
Or prove his two points are 100% correct, and effectively send all the OCT slurpers who infest this place home.
You don't know what XEDS stands for nor do you understand how it works. How much SEM experience do you have Roundhead? I am going to bet 0 hours. If you knew what this method is capable of then you would know that you cannot determine compounds only the presence of elements. If you'd bother to read my posts you'd have seen that I mention this atleast 3 times and another poster with SEM experience confirms this. You have to use the semi-quantitative EDS/EDX/XEDS software in order to get a rough read out of what compounds (not elements it's difficult I know) are present.

This is why you use a different technique. For example XRD would be good in this instance or FTIR for organic compounds.

It's blatantly obvious that you don't know the difference so click on the links and learn something new today.

The guy you quote also doesn't know the difference.
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top