View Single Post
Old 8th April 2009, 11:49 AM   #934
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Senenmut View Post
ill rephrase a question i had pages back....maybe im not asking it right.

the reaction should produce iron (which jones has showed being the iron spheres) and aluminum oxide. ive seen videos where white smoke is said to be the aluminum oxide. i dont see anywhere in the paper that states they found aluminum oxide after the reaction. would it strenghthen their case if they do look and perhaps find it post reaction?
Another valid question.

The big problem they have is that they cannot distinguish the source of the aluminium present because of the method they use - EDS. The pre-DSC sample will almost certainly contain alumina in some form. The difficulty will be ascertaining how much is there in the first place and how much post DSC testing. However, I would expect to see clear photomicrographs with accompanying EDS on separate alumina particles because as you say this is evidence of the thermite reaction. They haven't done this. They managed it for "iron-microspheres".

In all honesty I actually think that the source of these spheres in the WTC dust is burnt paint.
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top