View Single Post
Old 8th April 2009, 11:52 AM   #937
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

What i see going on here is another religion.

The arrogant claims of, and self given labels of "truth, truther, the only ones that know the truth, etc"
The attempts to do end runs around proper established scientific methods.
Automatic infallibility, without any verification, to anyone that is in or agrees with the "truther" side in any way.
The lame mental gymnastic apologetics to attempt too cover up truck sized holes.
The false dicotomy of only two choices. With or against.
The demonizing of everyone that isn't in the "truther" cult.
The lack of reason, logic, or thinking, instead choosing blind faith.
The leaders are never wrong about anything.
The arrogant superiority complex of being a "truther".
The claims of expertise if everything and anything while dismissing the vast majority of real experts that totally disagree.
The quickness to insult and dismiss anyone that doesn't just immediately agree with everything and anything they propose.
The sectarian divides within the cult. All claiming to be the only ones that have it right.
The constant snake oil salesman games to convince people through trickery and emotion.
The childish level of their behaviour and mentality.
The delusions of grandeur.
The veiled threats to everyone that isn't in their cult, "you'll be sorry one day"
The backbone of fear and paranoia.
The lack of a grasp on reality.
The constant lying and fabrications. (this one really bugs me)
They propose some of the most ridiculous nonsense i have ever heard.

I can go on and on...

This all looks to me like nothing more than religion repackaged and resold in the 21st century...

Yet they seriously think they can fool us all with these pathetic tactics...

Last edited by The Platypus; 8th April 2009 at 11:55 AM.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top