View Single Post
Old 8th April 2009, 12:43 PM   #957
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GregoryUrich View Post
Dr. Greening does a quick calc of the boundry (maximum) temperature rise for a box column with a 100-micron coating of what ever it is that Jones and Co. are on about here:

http://the911forum.freeforums.org/ac...-15.html#p2605

He gets 8 deg C, but there are a number of factors that would reduce that, because clearly every Joule will not be transferred to the steel. For one, it takes TIME to heat steel and a thin layer of thermite "burns" very quickly. The other is that energy would invariably go into gas expansion.

So, if you wanted to attain a temperature of > 400 deg C, you would probably need a coating at least 10mm thick. We're talking cookies not chips. I wonder if they found any of those bad boys...(not really).

It would only be necessary to do this on one floor, but then the problem is getting the radio controlled airplane to hit the right floor.
That's an excellent discussion. Do I have this right that Dr. G is suggesting that the red chips analyzed in the different spectra are not the same? So that some are possibly primer paint, and some are definitely not paint, due to either the presence or lack thereof, of zinc?