View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2010, 07:47 AM   #5
Questioninggeller
Illuminator

More:

Quote:
Reunion honors woman missing for 6 years
Family still seeking answers in case of Marilyn Renee 'Niqui' McCown, a Sinclair student last seen in Richmond, Ind.
By Thomas Gnau
Dayton Daily News
Monday, July 23, 2007

Finding the Marilyn Renee "Niqui" McCown family reunion Sunday wasn't hard.

Visitors simply followed the homemade signs, complete with McCown's photos, to a shelter at Middlefork Reservoir off U.S. 27.

The shelter itself boasted the biggest sign. "For the love of Niqui," it proclaimed. "Missing July 22, 2001."

On that sign was another photo, this one of McCown smiling.

Payton Johnston was only 9 when her mother disappeared.

"I'm fine," the now-15-year-old said. "It's just another day to me. I mean, it's another day she's not here, but she is here, you know?"

In some ways, it was another Sunday, McCown's sister, Tamie Hughes agreed.

"She (McCown) would have been at my house or my mother's house after church," Hughes mused.

"We would have discussed her wedding arrangements."
Full: Dayton Daily News

Quote:
Woman's friend apparently kills himself after indictment in '91 ...
Palladium-Item
By Robert Sullivan
Mar 7, 2010

Long considered a "person of interest" in the disappearance of a Richmond woman, Tommy Swint died as authorities prepared to arrest him in an unrelated murder case.

Swint apparently took his own life Feb. 3 as Russell County sheriff's deputies in Phenix City, Ala., were approaching his home to serve an arrest warrant for the 1991 murder of Dayton, Ohio, resident Tina Marie Ivery.
Full: Palladium-Item

Quote:
Swint took the weak way out
wdtn.com
Feb 4, 2010

Sinclair student Niqui McCown has been missing for nearly nine years. Since she disappeared, her family has worked tirelessly to bring her home, but the McCown family's search took a dramatic turn February 3, 2010. Tommy Swint, the name that had haunted McCown's sister, Michelle Luster, made its way back into Dayton headlines after two years of silence.

A grand jury indicted the former Trotwood police officer for the death of Tina Marie Ivery. Ivery's nude, strangled body was found on a pile of trash by a crew of tree trimmers on Dayton-Liberty Road in Jefferson Township in December of 2001. The jury found that there is enough evidence to try Swint for the homicide. The indictment, however, didn't bring closure for Ivery's family.

Police said Swint had been living in Phenix City, Alabama. When officers closed in on his house Wednesday afternoon to make the arrest, they heard a gunshot, and found Swint dead in his home.
Swint made the news in 2007, when police in Richmond, Indiana, named him as a suspect in McCown's disappearance. The announcement came six years after McCown went missing from a laundromat near her mother's home in Richmond. Swint worked with McCown at a prison, the Montgomery Education and Pre-Release Center.
Full: wdtn.com
Questioninggeller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top