View Single Post
Old 18th February 2013, 12:11 AM   #936
lpetrich
Muse

Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
Where is your none of the above?
Why should I have had it?
Quote:
The big issue is that there's CERN physicists out there saying that the Higgs mechanism is the cuckoo in the nest of the standard model, only they're shouting in the wind whilst Higgs propaganda dooms the HEP community (and possibly the whole of theoretical physics) to a long slow harikiri.
Problems with the Higgs particle are well-known to theoretical particle physicists, so it's not like you are revealing some great secret that they are keeping.

Quote:
The public are unimpressed by billions spent on "the mystery of mass", which Einstein solved a hundred plus years ago,
He did not, and no amount of text-thumping can change that.
Quote:
Clinger: I made it clear that the "fields" referred to are E and B, which aren't actually fields, but instead denote the linear and rotational forces resulting from electromagnetic field interactions.
News to me. Everybody in this business thinks that they are fields, even Maxwell and Einstein and Minkowski and others whom you are treating as prophets of revealed truth.
Quote:
Pay attention to Minkowski:
Thumping snipped. He was trying to explain something in nontechnical terms, not reveal some great truth that the equations cannot supply.
lpetrich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top