View Single Post
Old 15th March 2017, 02:33 PM   #1648
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Putting things you have no choice about..being born into a specific ethnic group...with things you choose to be..embrace a specific political philosophy.
IE;equating being Black or Chinese with being a Communist or Nazi. One you have no choice about, the other you choose to be.
I see what you're saying. I'm not sure I see it as a fallacy in this particular case, but it's also not particularly material to the point I was trying to make. If it pleases you, go ahead and remove the "no choice" bits. So we're left with religion and politics at least. I can probably come up with others given a moment.

So then... Does casting a particular religion as being "universally" abhorrent justify physical assault and violence toward those people on the basis of what they believe?

Last edited by Emily's Cat; 15th March 2017 at 02:38 PM.
Emily's Cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top