View Single Post
Old 16th March 2017, 08:33 PM   #1662
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
This might be an excellent opportunity for you to step back, take a moment, and just restate your position and beliefs in their entirety.
Ok. Please narrow down what position and beliefs you want me to restate in their entirety. The events of the OP, something broader, what?

Quote:
If I were alone in reading your positions this way, what you say regarding bias might have merit. But I'm not. Several people in this thread have interpreted your arguments in exactly the same way I have.
Oh, I get it. You are saying that your interpretation is accurate because others interpret it that way, too. Or that an idea is true because it is widely held? I hear there is a logical fallacy with that definition.

Quote:
If you feel that ALL of these interpretations are incorrect, then it appears that you are failing to communicate effectively. Please try again.
Oh, no you don't. You (and others) put words in my mouth. That is not my failure to communicate. For example, I have asked you clearly and repeatedly to quote where I have advocated preemptive violence, as you repeatedly claim. Please do so. That might help to establish whether the problem is my communicating or your bias. If you in fact just made it up, a really great question would be: why?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top