Old 16th March 2017, 08:59 PM   #1663
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post
So no reply then?
Guess you think this one is some kind of stumper. Happy to oblige:

I post in #1615:
Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
True enough. But gays are not universally abhorred; they are only so to homophobes. And the gay agenda does not include openly acknowledging taking rights away from others. So maybe still a little special.
And you post in #1620:
Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post
But some believe it does, so when ou(r) yardstick is belief how do you differentiate? Other than " I'm right because you are wrong" which is nothing more than a school yard squabble.
Since gays are not universally abhorred and do not advocate taking others' rights away, but fascists do, what 'yardstick of belief' are you talking about? It is about a person/group's declared philosophy. To answer your question as best I can: I differentiate based on what they declare themselves to be and whether it poses a naked threat and challenge to those who value the principles that the Constitution protects . Gays do not desire to take my freedoms away, and fascists unabashedly do.

Does that suffice in explaining how I differentiate?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top