Thread: [Split Thread] A second impeachment
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2021, 09:53 PM   #722
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Trump statement:

"In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You."

Fits in a tweet, by the way.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/13...869038594?s=19
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Anyone else think that wasn't Trump?
Honestly, it's plausible that it actually is Trump, in his usual shiny object fashion. He's facing a rather massive financial backlash and... maybe even the end of the Trump brand. He's apparently been strongly advised that the damage will be much less in the long term if he actually does call for peace compared to if he doubles down on sedition. How long any such peace push lasts, of course, is anyone's guess.

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia) just promised Newsmax to introduce articles of impeachment against Joe Biden on Jan. 21.
Entirely predictable that there would be Republicans seeking to impeach Biden on any pretext. I suppose we'll see how many Republicans sign on to this doomed attempt and see how many of them are willing to present even more evidence of how inimical they are to the US.

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Oh I donít know, she seems to have a sound grasp of republican politics!
Yup.