View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020, 11:37 AM   #338
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
You keep dismissing the ethical code as just some rules I found on the internet. Do you not think that that the ethical code is an important part of professional judgement?
Do you think they tell students and residents, "Ethics? That's just some rules on the internet. Ignore them and use your professional judgement, instead."
You clearly cannot defend your position so you make up a straw man, all or none, to do battle with. You are arguing everyone should anally follow these 'rules' lest they have nothing upon which to base their ethical judgement.

That's a bizarre point of view. What if there is something for which no organization position paper exists?

What if there are two such position papers and they don't agree?

It's like you picture medical providers running around saying, "Oh no, what do I do, what do I do?"

It's mind boggling to me that you could actually believe that. So I don't think you do believe that. You are trying to justify the position you've taken and it takes a straw man to do that.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top