View Single Post
Old 16th January 2021, 02:23 AM   #146
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

So now Trump's bloodlust continues. Yes, these are criminals who have committed horrendous, senseless crimes.

Quote:
The federal execution of convicted murderer Dustin John Higgs has been carried out, marking the final death sentence to be completed by the Department of Justice under President Donald Trump.

Higgs, 48, was pronounced dead at 1.23am on Saturday after receiving a lethal injection of pentobarbital in the federal death chamber at the U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana.

Higgs conspired with two other men to kidnap and murder three young women in Washington DC on one night in January 1996.
The crime was committed in 1996 and he was now 48 so he was 24 at the time and has spent a large part of the intervening years in prison.

He claims he is innocent of conspiring to murder:

Quote:
His lawyers have argued it is 'arbitrary and inequitable' to execute Higgs while Willis Haynes, the man who pulled the trigger in the murders, was spared a death sentence. In his final words, Higgs protested that he was innocent of masterminding the murders.

'I'd like to say I am an innocent man,' he said, strapped to the gurney in the execution chamber. 'I did not order the murders.'

As the injection was administered, loud sobs of a woman crying inconsolably echoed for several minutes from a room reserved for Higgs' family, as his eyes rolled back in his head, showing the whites of his eyes before he stopped moving entirely.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...umps-term.html

It is appalling that an impeached incumbent President should still have the power to ride roughshod over today's standards. Totally ruthless.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top