View Single Post
Old 14th April 2020, 11:36 AM   #18
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
Quote:
Does that remain true if without an abortion both the mother and foetus will die?
I said the frivolous ones, the ones where baby was basically an oops and an act of irresponsibility and would also take away a hospital bed from one of the life threatening ones.
In case you didn't know...

Most abortions take place in the first trimester and don't require hospitalization.

Also, keep in mind that if the goal were really to limit the spread of Covid-19, then banning abortions is the worst thing to do... after all, an abortion would require maybe one or 2 visits to a clinic, and its done... On the other hand, a pregnant woman who is keeping the baby will have to go to seek medical attention multiple times (for example, a recommended once a month visit at minimum to the doctor, plus other visits for ultrasounds, blood tests, etc.) And that's assuming the baby and mother are healthy. Each one of those visits provides additional risk for spreading the virus.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top