Thread: Australia
View Single Post
Old 11th April 2009, 06:19 PM   #158
Old Bob
Banned

"The Far shore" No I haven't read it. Many of the snippets come down as family stories and in most cases are true ,perhaps slanted a bit with time. My Grand Parents lived in Harrietville (little gold town NE Victoria) A Beveridge woman (of the Beveridge Brothers _Kiddmans of Victoria) used to feed and shelter Ned Kelly. He would come in after dark get feed clothes washed and have a sleep then take off before dawn. The whole town knew except the copper. He rode through the mountains out of sight. (no dobbers then) My Grand Parents eloped, walking from Omeo to Harrietville over the mountains highest Bogong 6508ft Hothom 6306ft. 80 miles. One horse two people and a rifle, no roads then. Not that it matters but we live south of Gympie at North Arm only 60 klicks down the road. Call our place "Casper Downs" but thats another story. Must thank Dave from us all for the pictures and info. (My computer hates me)
Old Bob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top