Thread: [Merged] The MANDELA Effect.
View Single Post
Old 15th March 2018, 12:25 PM   #233
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Yeah, but there was no actual content. Nothing but some vague musings while walking dogs. Pisses me off to have wasted almost 4 minutes of my time above ground. The only upshot is that I know now not you watch vids you link. Was that your desired outcome? It is the predictable one.

It is a possibility. Is there evidence of such experimentation? If not, it is the equivalent of speculating that alternate universes are colliding. Unless speculation provides some new perspective, it doesn't help much. Paranoid speculation only sheds light on being paranoid.
well as a possible explanations go, i think perception/memory experimentation ranks higher than overlapping alternate dimensions,

As a possible explanation it had not been part of the discussion on this thread, and so i thought it only fair to add it.

BTW, suggesting a new and possible explanation is not the same thing as stating that it IS the explanation.

In fact i think a lot of the effects, such as names like depend and depends, those kind of close things, could be put down to marketing.

Brand names and even stage names often are more 'sticky' to the human mind when they are just slightly off what is expected.
And so not only are such names more likely to be successful as products, and chosen by companies as a result of market research, but also marketing people will actively seek out such 'slightly off expected' names intentionally.

One good example of this is Cliff Richard. Cliff has said himself that the name Richard was chosen over the more common Richards (popular second name in the UK) because people would expect it to be Richards get it wrong and then argue over it, or have a double take when reading it or hearing it.

Last edited by esspee; 15th March 2018 at 12:40 PM.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top