Thread: [Merged] The MANDELA Effect.
View Single Post
Old 15th March 2018, 04:49 PM   #239
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
So what you're suggesting is that researchers of Woo rig their question?

Say it ain't so.

I would have sworn braces, but then I haven't see the movie in thirty years (not a favorite) so my exposure is at best three viewings 39 years ago.
This could be so complicated that the pollsters are naive and ignorant of what their poll is doing. They may also misrepresent the results and not realize that they are doing it. Some woo is like that. A person who has no recollection of Dolly wearing braces might answer that she wore braces and then still not remember that even after answering. That's not supposed to be what the Mandela Effect is.

They might tell us that 47% of people polled remember her wearing braces which would then potentially imply that 53% do remember that she is not wearing braces. But that's not necessarily true either. Some might think she has braces but that Jaws was first attracted to her boobs. Also it's important to understand that some would refuse to answer because the survey has no correct answer and they remember her not wearing braces.

It seems that you must somehow probe a person's memory without prompting them at all in any way. You can't mention braces at all in the question or the context. You have to somehow find out if their pure recollection is that she wore braces. Like this...

"Tell me what you remember about the appearance of Dolly in Moonraker."

If they remember that she wore braces they ought to tell you right away. It would be the significant answer and feature because she mates up with Jaws who has metal teeth. It would mean that it's a memory that was already in their brain and wasn't suddenly planted there by you.

Note the difference between...

"Describe the cartoon Sun on the Raisin Bran box." and:

"Does the cartoon Sun on the Raisin Bran box wear sunglasses?"

The first one asks you to describe your already existing mental image memory. The second creates a fresh mental image and asks if that already resided in your memory. It could cause you to answer as if you have a specific memory when you really don't.