View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:25 PM   #686
Óðinn
Muse

Originally Posted by River View Post
There is no way that happened. Track depth says it all. (which you can compare to Patterson standing right next to them, regardless of if you try to compare the "horse tracks" as Gimlin describes in comparison) Simply put, the tracks are far too deep to have been left by the dude in a suit. (or by "patty" if it were a real creature) Not to mention, look at the shape of the foot in the tracks. They are not even from the same "foot". (as shown by parcher I believe)

Trackway was faked.
Looks like the same foot to me.

Then how do you make deep tracks? Did Roger piggy back on Gimlin? You only have gravity to work with. Stamped with a sledge hammer? At least some of these tracks were made by a rolling foot, not a stamp.

It would have been far easier to just have Bob H make the tracks while filming the PGF, then make 1 or 2 deeper (if they even were deeper), then cast the flat ones. Erasing Bob H's tracks then creating a convincing trackway might not be as easy as you think. Then you have to remove your own tracks. Way more work that's for sure. I'm going with that Occam dude until better info comes along. It doesn't mean it wasn't a guy in a suit, it would just exclude Bob H from being the guy. He is the one who claimed that Roger and Bob went back to fake the tracks, weeks later. If the PGF was actually filmed on Oct 20th, then Bob H is busted.

How "realistic" are the tracks anyway? Are they consistent with 2 stamps, a lefty and righty? And how much variance was there between those stamped tracks?

Last edited by Óðinn; 22nd March 2010 at 08:47 PM.
Óðinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top