View Single Post
Old 9th June 2017, 05:50 AM   #140
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Paul Bethke View Post
First you do not know how I started off, there can be no pride on my part, if you know what pride is.

All people have pride it is part of our life, but few can take pride in themselves, because everything we have comes from the accumulation of others.

I can take pride in my knowledge of electrical generation, but must take note that it is based on the progress made by others, and not exclusively on my achievement.

The same can be said of the faith, I base my faith on what is given and not on what I achieved in myself.

I have to acknowledge each and every individual in the Scriptures for their faith—that is why faith is a gift—the Creator gives us commands and we in faith obey these commands. So, without these commands we cannot have faith.

(1Co_4:7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not? )

So, it is not pride in my achievements, but confidence in the faith.that I keep, as Paul the Apostle stated--

2Timothy_4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. [

So we who love the Creator keep the faith, which is the giver of all things, including the faith that we keep.

(Rom_5:17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

(Ephesians_2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—)

So I am a defender of the true faith in Christ.( Jude_1:3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the Saints.

So I am about the original FAITH—not this substitute!!!

That's right folks. The guy who claims he will do things God cannot claims to be without pride.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top