View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:44 AM   #210
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Of course when one points out a general rule that applies to 99.7% of the population, some wise guy will point out that it isn't 100%, as if it matters to what the first person said.
We aren't talking about 99.7% of the population, are we? Does your general rule apply to 99.7% of the trans population? That you can tell the males from the females on sight?
Quote:
I've addressed exactly this sort of argument earlier. It's objective reality that people are afraid of elevators, but that does not mean that elevators being dangerous is objective reality. I suspect that you understood the distinction quite well before you posted that.
If Joe has decided to present himself to the world as afraid of elevators, how does you challenging that make the world a better place? Maybe Joe is fine with taking the stairs. I'm just not getting what it is that you would want to achieve by, for example, calling our transwoman student "he". What is the net gain in the world?

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top