View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:51 AM   #214
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by sylvan8798 View Post
We aren't talking about 99.7% of the population, are we? Does your general rule apply to 99.7% of the trans population? That you can tell the males from the females on sight?
I think you lost track of the conversation. Yes, we're talking about 99.7% of the population when someone tells me there's no way to know if someone's a man or a woman just by looking at them. That there is a tiny percentage of the population for which this is a problematic proposition doesn't change the fact that the claim that I can't do this is wrong.

Quote:
If Joe has decided to present himself to the world as afraid of elevators, how does you challenging that make the world a better place?
You're right of course. That's why nothing was ever gained by challenging the deeply-held belief that the earth was the center of the universe, or that mental illness was due to demonic possession. No, of course telling people that their beliefs are wrong has only brought us pain and misery.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top