View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2017, 10:43 AM   #225
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Then why word it that way, "intentional OR repeated"?
Because that's how harassment is being defined in the statute. Also, you left out a key bit of context. It's an intentional or repeated refusal.

Quote:
Need? What? Do you seriously think that there are only two options there? Harass this person or pretend that what they think is true regardless of whether it is?
No, I'm asking you why you need that middle ground. Why can't you just call Bob "Roberta" and get on with your life? Why do you need to move closer to the harassment end of the spectrum?

Also, no one is telling you that you have to pretend something is true that you don't think is. All you have to do is exhibit a modicum of respect and courtesy by referring to someone as the gender to which they wish to be referred.

Quote:
You're using a non-standard definition. If you send me to the dictionary, I'll just tell you that your use of these words is just nonsense.
Awesome. You have fun with your tedious and pointless semantic game. I won't be taking part.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top