Thread: [Continuation] Brexit: Now What? 9 Below Zero
View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020, 11:05 AM   #2982
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
Meanwhile.....

A Brexiteer who was forced to wait in an immigration queue at an EU airport in Amsterdam has complained that "this isn’t the Brexit I voted for”.

Colin Browning, who described himself as one of the 17.4 million people who voted for Brexit, said he was forced to wait for nearly an hour at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol before his passport was checked.

“Absolutely disgusting service at Schiphol airport. 55 minutes we have been stood in the immigration queue. This isn’t the Brexit I voted for,” he wrote on Twitter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9335281.html
But he's right. He was promised, by the people now running the country, a Brexit in which we got all the benefits and none of the costs of membership, that German car makers would ensure that we got everything we wanted in the easiest deal in history.

If he's realising he was lied to it's a good thing. Shame it wasn't earlier, a lot earlier, but the ire needs to be aimed at the people who've lied, not the people who fell for the lies.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top