View Single Post
Old 9th August 2012, 09:29 AM   #7
HansMustermann
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not sure why water-boarding wouldn't count as torture, given that it's a horrible experience that most adults can't take for any amount of time and causes people to even sign their own death sentence just to end the ordeal. Especially when I read something in the article like, I kid you not:
The girl said her father said "she could go five minutes without brain damage," the newspaper reported, citing court documents.
FIVE MINUTES? Jesus Haploid Christ, even terrorists aren't put through five minutes of that. What kind of monster puts a 11 year old through that?

And the reference to brain damage is just making it worse, because basically he knows what he's doing to that child. Waterboarding IS basically drowning in slow motion, as water does accumulate into the lungs. It's what makes it a horrible experience, as, for all the senses can tell, the brain thinks you ARE drowning. Getting anywhere near the point where that can cause enough oxygen deprivation to even think about the possibility of brain damage is... an atrocity in any case, but doubly so when we're talking about a pre-teen child.
HansMustermann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top